Here is an opportunity to apply for the Upstream Training Trust Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021. See the details and the application process of Upstream Training Trust Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021 in this post.
The Upstream Training Trust (UTT) was established by the Petroleum Agency SA in 1997. The company involves the search for oil on-shore and off-shore in South Africa.
The UTT, administered by the Petroleum Agency SA, is a non-profit organisation which aims to promote and provide specialist human skills within the petroleum industry and in the search for oil and gas. The UTT invest in human capital development but put more attention to those from previously disadvantaged backgrounds.
FIELDS COVERED BURSARY PROGRAMME & COVERAGE VALUE
UTT bursaries are available to students in studies within the Engineering/ Technology/ Natural Science fields, relevant to the petroleum industry, including the following:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Information Systems
The bursary award is going to award a sum of R65 000 per annum to successful applicants (it may vary according to UTT’s financial status). The bursary will take care of students full tuition fees, and the remainder will cover the following expenses: prescribed textbooks, transportation, accommodation, meals and approved trips and excursions.
Applicants will have to meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for the program:
- South African citizen OR South African resident
- Completed Matric
- Achieved excellent results in English, Science and Mathematics in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the above fields of study
- Studying or have been conditionally accepted to study at a University or University of Technology in South Africa
- Good tertiary academic record, if admitted already
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: http://upstreamtrainingtrust.org.za/funding/student-application
2) By downloading and completing the UTT Bursary Application Form (.pdf) @ http://www.zabursaries.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/UTT-Bursary-Application-Form.pdf
Alternatively, you may apply via your university financial aid office.
Applicants are to submit clear copies of all the following supporting documentation along with your application form. Failure to do so will disqualify you.
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric certificate (certified copy of)
- Full tertiary academic record, if at tertiary level
- Latest transcript/ exam results
- Proof of enrollment/ provisional acceptance at a University or University of Technology
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded the bursary (maximum 2 paragraphs)
- Proof of residence (can be in your parent/ guardian’s name)
- Proof of household income (payslips/ employment letter/ signed affidavit if employed, proof of SASSA grants if applicable, pension slip or bank statement reflecting pension payment if applicable, proof of UIF if applicable, proof of other benefits including life/ disability/ retirement etc)
- Completed UTT Payment Form @http://www.zabursaries.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/UTT-Payment-Form.pdf
- Completed UTT Bursary Agreement (.pdf) @http://www.zabursaries.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/UTT-Bursary-Agreement.pdf
If applying by hard copy application form, applications should be posted to:
Upstream Training Trust
PO Box 5111
The application does not have a closing date, it is open throughout the year.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any information on this bursary programme, please contact the Upstream Training Trust directly:
Tel: 021 938 3500
Email: [email protected]