Here is the details information on the University of Witwatersrand, this article contains information on WITS admission and application form for 2020. You will get the application form online download link and the online application procedure to WITS.
This article will provide you with all the information you need on Wits admission requirements into undergraduate degree, postgraduate degree and diploma programmes for 2020 academic year. All qualified school leaver, non-school leaver and special cases can now apply for 2020 session.
University of the Witwatersrand, WITS Undergraduate Application Procedures
STEP 1 – Apply Online
- To apply for Wits University online, visit: www.wits.ac.za/applications/
- Applicants can only apply for a maximum of three degrees (the order of choice is insignificant).
- Those that apply for two programmes in a faculty Re advised to apply for one programme in a faculty that is less restricted like Humanities, Commerce or Science.
- Make sure your options are open especially if you are applying to faculties like Health Sciences and Engineering.
- South African citizens are to pay a non-refundable fee of R100, while international applicants are to pay R700.
- Some degree programme might require additional selection procedure. Such requirements include portfolio and easy submissions, auditions or National Benchmark Testing. Check if your programme require an additional form.
The application form for 2019 undergraduate full-time admission has closed already. For those that want to apply for the 2020 admission, application will open on March 2019.
STEP 2 – Acknowledgement of Application
- After you have successfully applied online, you will receive an email from the University. The email will acknowledge the receipt of your application.
- A personal number will be in the acknowledgement email which will serve as your student number.
- You can check all the record of your correspondence on the Wits student self-service portal https://self-service.wits.ac.za.
You can check your application progress on the student self-service portal. Check out our post on what you can do with Wits student self-service.
To check your correspondence generated on the Wits Student Self Service Portal page, navigate to the Main Menu > Self Service > Wits Student Self Service > Communication History
If you want to view your Application Status on the Self Service Portal navigate to the Main Menu > Self Service > Student Centre > Admissions > View Academic Application Status.
STEP 3 – Upload Supporting Documents
- You can upload your supporting documents on the student self-service portal: https://self-service.wits.ac.za
- To log in, use your personal number and the first six digits on your ID.
- Current Matriculants are to upload final Grade 11 Results. The results must be certified and bear the school stamp.
- Already Matriculated should upload your certificate/foreign school leaving certificate. A physical copy of the certified certificate must be handed into the Wits Student Enrolment Centre (SEnC), Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House (Senate House), Wits University.
- Attending Another Tertiary Institution: You are to upload a certified copy of your academic record and certificate of good conduct, stamped by the institution’s registrar.
STEP 4 – Acceptance of Offer
- Some current Matriculants may be given a conditional offer depending on Grade 11 results. It is important for you to know that some programmes have additional selection criteria like interview, audition or NBT.
- Your offers can only be confirmed after the final matric results have been received.
- Your choices of application are treated separately. The order of choice does not matter.
- Communication offering will be sent to successful applicants on a firm place, information about registration and orientation programme. The communication will include further instructions (e.g. pay a deposit or attend an interview)
- Admission places are limited, therefore you can only accept one offer. You are to respond to the offer within a few days to secure your place.
If you changed your mind about your choice of study
If you change your mind on your choice of study, please don’t submit a new application. You can check with the Student Enrolment Centre (SEnC) if applications are still open for your new choice of study. Also, make sure you contact your Admission Consultant to put you through.
If your contact details change (e.g. email, residential, postal address or contact numbers) make sure you update your new details on the student self-service portal: https://self-service.wits.ac.za
University of the Witswaterands, WITS APPLICATION FEE
- South African citizens are to pay a non-refundable application fee of R100
- For international students, you are to pay a non-refundable application fee of R700
- Payments must be made before the closing dates.
How to pay
You are to deposit the University Application fee using the details below:
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account name: Wits University – Application Fees.
Current Account Number: 200 346 385,
Branch code: Braamfontein 004 805.
CI Number: 074A.
International payment swift code: SBZAZAJJ. You are to use the unique payment number as a reference
You can also pay by cash or credit card at the Wits Fees Office located at Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House (Senate House), Braamfontein Campus East, Jorissen Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa
EFT: Use your person/student number as a reference.
University of the Witwatersrand, WITS Application for International Students
International students that want to register at Wits will need to present the following documents:
- A valid study visa
- South African medical aid cover
- English proficiency
For more information on tuition and registration fees and other requirements for international students, please visit the International student’s website.