The University of Pretoria is offering a scholarship for African students with a good academic record in partnership with MasterCard Foundation (MCF). Apply for the University of Pretoria MasterCard Scholarship for Master students.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) is aimed to assist African students with a brilliant performance in their academics but financially disadvantaged. The program provides quality education for students so that they can contribute to the development of Africa with their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values.
This scholarship will be awarded to students that have been offered provisional admission into a postgraduate programme at the University of Pretoria, UP. Community service and internship are a very important part of the MCFSP. On completion of the award, students are to return to their home country to give back to their community.
More About University of Pretoria MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
Application Deadline: 31st August 2020
Eligible Countries: African countries except for Southern African countries
To be taken at (country): South Africa
Eligible Programme: Postgraduate Study Programmes and Master’s degree
Type: Masters (Taught)
The scholarship is going to take care of the following successful applicant’s expenses:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP residence
- Medical aid (Ingwe only)
- Books and printed material
- Monthly allowance
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- One Visa application.
Duration of Scholarship: Period of degree
- Applicants must be a citizen of Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and show evidence of financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Applicants with high academic performance and must maintain a high academic average at all times.
- Must be a first-time applicant as first-year students in the degree programme
Selection Criteria: Applicants are going to be selected based on their prior academic performance and the fit of applicants to the ethos of the programme which focuses mainly on leadership and community development.
Number of Award available: Several
How to Apply
All interested applicants of the University of Pretoria MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program can apply on the scholarship webpage below.
Please follow the application instructions and attach all a clear scanned certified copy of all documents required by the application form.