The University of Johannesburg is one of the leading University in South African and in Africa at large. The application to the university usually opens in April of every year. You can apply to the University online or through paper-based application. This article will focus on how to apply to the University of Johannesburg online. To apply online, you will need a working email address and your South African identity number or if you are an international applicant you will need your passport number.
If you don’t want to apply through the online application, you can use the paper-based application to apply to the University of Johannesburg by printing a form and sending it to the University admission office.
What You Need To Apply To UJ
- A working email address (Gmail or Yahoo mail ).
- Meet your course requirements
- A deposit of R1220 if residence is required.
- Individually scanned certified documents if Grade 12 is completed.
- All document to be uploaded must comply with the following (except applicants currently in grade 12 or internal transfer/Senior applicants):
- The document must be certified
- The scanned document file size must be is a maximum of 512KB and all documents must be scanned in any of the following format – tiff, pdf, jpg or gif
- Scan and upload each document as separately
- Alternatively, documents should be emailed with the provisional reference/student number noted in the subject line of the email.
UNIVERSITY OF JOHANNESBURG ONLINE PROCESS
All official communication on your admission to UJ will be sent to you through your email address. You can also see your application progress on the UJ website with your ID or student number.
- UJ will not charge you any fee for the online application.
- For those that have previously applied to UJ and have a student number already, call the UJ Call Centre (011 559 4555) to confirm that your cell number and email address are captured on their database. It is very important for you to do this so you can receive the PIN number to complete your online application process.
Online Application Link
University of Johannesburg Paper-based Application Process
- Choose your two study areas of interest ( Make sure you meet your choice admission requirements)
- Pay a sum of R200 to complete your paper-based application form.
- After submitting your application, wait for three weeks before you check your application. You will be informed if your application is successful or not if your application meets the necessary requirements.