We are excited to inform you that the University of Venda has partnered with Feenix to help present and past students out of debt. Feenix is an online fundraising platform that assists graduates or about to graduate students to clear their historical debt and obtain their certification.
The debt burden has negative effects on students which can affect their development professionally, this is what Feenix has put into consideration since its establishment. Feenix was established in 2017 and it has helped 1503 students out of debt with a fundraising of over R72 million, the fundraising is done by sharing Feenix profile on social media like WhatsApp, Facebook and email with friends and family that are ready to help.
All you have to do is to register and create a profile, then share your unique story with your donors in your community, small and large businesses, and other individuals who are motivated to make a donation towards your student debt.
Requirements to create a Feenix account
You need to meet the following requirements to create a profile with FEEnix
- Have current or historical student debt
- A South African citizen or have Permanent Resident, Asylum Seeker or Refugee Status
- Household income below R600 000.
To register on Feenix you will need the following:
- A working email address
- A certified ID copy (not older than 6 months)
- ID Number of one (or more) parent/guardian to check household income
- A Profile Picture as speculated on the website
- An official fee statement on the official University letterhead, not older than 30 days
- Your unique story, according to the guidelines on the website
You will be notified via email once your profile passes the Feenix moderation and goes live, kindly check your mail spam regularly too. An R100 Fundraising guide which is downloadable will also be sent to you, it will contain all the tricks and tips you need to know on fundraising.
Check out the FAQs page on the Feenix website – your question might already be answered.
If you still have questions or need help, contact the Feenix team at email@example.com or via WhatsApp on 063 968 7544.