The South African Table Grape Industry (SATI) provides a bursary for South African students. Application is now open for all interested applicants to apply for the South African Table Grape Industry (SATI) bursary.
The South Africa Table Grade Industry (SATI) was established in 2004. It serves as the association for the table grape industry and it is the sole representative of the producer and producer-exporter. The association provides a bursary for South Africans students.
FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
SATI will award the bursary to students in the following field of study:
- Agricultural Economy
- Horticultural Science
- Plant Pathology
- Soil Science
The bursary is going to cover students accommodation, tuition fees, study materials, food and living expenses calculated to be R2,400 per month. It will also take care of other expenses. The bursary might not cover the whole fees, the coverage will be determined on a case by case basis.
RENEWABILITY, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
The bursary is awarded for students for the duration of 1 year. However, students can apply for funding again each year. The application will be granted based on student academic performance.
After recipients have completed the qualification, the bursary recipient will have to work for SATI or an industry related to SA Table Grape Industry which will be equivalent to the funding received.
The bursary body will contact the shortlisted candidates if you did not receive any feedback by 31st of 2021, your application is unsuccessful.
All applicants must meet the following requirements to benefit from the bursary. Any applicants that did not meet all the requirements are not eligible. Check the SATI bursary requirements below:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Applicants applying for Further Education and Training (FET) bursary must have completed grade 8 or equivalent under the South African Qualification Authority
- Applicants applying for Tertiary Education (TE) bursary must have completed Matric or equivalent under the South African Qualification Authority
- All Black student, especially land reform beneficiaries and their children
- Pursuing a career within the table grape industry or supporting industries
- Students studying in a field relevant to the table grape industry including but not limited to the aforementioned fields
- Studying towards an Undergraduate or Postgraduate qualification
- Part-time or full-time studies
- Students with a strong academic record
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students and those in financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
The bursary applications must be done online through https://www.satgi.co.za/bursary-form/.
Fill the online form appropriately and attach a certified copy of the following documents with your application form:
- ID document
- Students applying for Tertiary Education (TE) bursary must have a Matric certificate
- Students applying for Further Education and Training (FET) bursary must have a grade 8 certificate
- Full academic record on institution letterhead paper, if currently studying
- Proof of tertiary acceptance/ registration on the institution letterhead
- Signed and completed SATI-Bursary-Declaration (.pdf)
The closing date for the SATI bursary is 31 August 2020. Any application submitted after this date will not be accepted.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
You can contact SATI directly for inquiries or question using the details below:
Tel: 021 863 0366
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 021 863 3039