Here is all you need to know to apply successfully for the 2020 Senior Certificate Examination Online. Apply for 2020 Senior Certificate Examination Online.
This article is going to provide you with all the information you need on how to apply for the 2020 Senior Certificate Examination online. This article includes all the registration procedure as well as requirement and eligibility for this examination. The Senior Certificate Examination is conducted by the Department of Basic Education.
The Department of Basic Education (DBE) hereby invites all eligible candidates to apply for the June 2020 Senior Certificate Examination. Applicants can apply manually through the hard copy registration form or done online through the use of the e-Registration platform.
Department of Basic Education was formed after the splitting of the former National Department of Education into two: Department of Basic Education and the Department of Higher Education and Training. The DBE is concerned with all schools from Grade R to Grade 12, including adult literacy programmes. The aim of the DBE is to develop, maintain and support a South African school education system for the 21st century.
Below are the details on the Senior Certificate Examination requirement and the application procedure.
SENIOR CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION REGISTRATION ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
Applicants are to submit the following documents:
- Completed registration form
- Repeater candidates must attach a copy of their previous highest qualification
- A certified copy of applicants ID document or birth certificate or passport (foreign candidates)
- If you have entered and wrote any other Grade 12 or equivalent examination before, you must supply the examination numbers for those exams.
The following candidates will qualify for admission to the Senior Certificate:
- All adult learners who are 21 years and older who have:
- a General Education and Training Certificate (GETC); or
- a Grade 9 school report (or the old standard seven), stating that they have passed Grade 9 or Standard 7; or
- a recognised equivalent qualification obtained at NQF Level which requires two official languages.
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete Senior Certificate qualification.
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete National Senior Certificate and whose School-Based Assessment (SBA) validity has expired.
- Only in exceptional cases, out of school youth, who are 18-21 years old and who could not complete their school education due to circumstances beyond their control, as verified by the Head of Department in the Provincial Education Department.
- Adult candidates who are 21 years and older with an incomplete NSC and whose School-Based Assessment component has not yet expired may choose to complete the NSC by registering in January for the 2020 NSC examinations to be written in November, or convert to the Senior Certificate. Should the candidate choose to convert to the Senior Certificate, they may not revert to the NSC and attempt to complete the NSC qualification.
SENIOR CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION REGISTRATION PROCEDURE – HOW TO APPLY
Candidates can register at any provincial education office (any provincial head office, the district office or a circuit office) OR register online on www.eservices.gov.za.
The application will be open for all adults that qualify to write the 2020 Senior Certificate(amended) examination from 01 October 2019 until 31 January 2020 to register.