Application is now open for all eligible South African students to apply for the SANDRA bursary.
SANRAL is an organization by the South African government under the Minister of Transport, as the sole shareholder. The aim of this organization is to finance, expand, improve, and maintain South Africa’s national road network.
The organization is responsible for the maintenance of roads in South Africa. SANRAL works on the country’s arterial highways, including those that link major cities, such as Johannesburg, Cape Town, Pretoria, and Durban. As part of social responsibility, SANRAL offers financial services for South Africa students.
The bursary is going to take care of the following student expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Food allowance
- Living allowance.
- Prescribed books
- Study equipment
- Compulsory excursions and seminars
All applicants of this bursary will be notified by January 31 at the latest. If you did not receive any feedback by then, your application is unsuccessful.
SANRAL Bursary 2021 Requirements and Eligibility
Below are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the bursary::
- Applicants must be a citizen of South Africa.
- Studying or plans to study a Civil Engineering degree.
- A student or planning to register at one of the recognised Tertiary Education Institution in South Africa.
- Matric students must achieve at least 70% in Mathematics, English, and Physical Science.
- First-year students must achieve at least 70% in Mathematics and Science.
- Students currently studying Civil Engineering degree qualification may also apply.
- Preference will be given to disadvantaged students who have completed their 1st year of undergraduate studies or students registered for their 2nd to 4th year (postgraduate students).
- Pass all the modules or courses at the current level
- Not receiving any other financial assistance or bursary funding from another institution.
How to Apply and Application Details
The following documents must be submitted together with your application form:
- ID document.
- Matric certificate.
- Recent academic record.
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution
- Curriculum Vitae
- A signed motivational letter that explains why you should be awarded the bursary.
- Certified copies of the ID documents of the applicant’s parents or guardians.
- Applicant’s parent proof of payment
The application will close on 30 September 2020
You can contact the bursary on:
Address: 48 Tambotie Avenue, Val De Grace, Pretoria
Telephone Number: 012 844 8000
E-mail: [email protected]