Apply for the 25th SADC Secondary Schools Essay Competition 2020. Southern African Development Community (SADC) Council of Ministers is calling on students to participate in the Secondary School Essay Competition.
In 1995, the SADC Council of Ministers authorized the creation of a Secondary School Essay Competition for Southern African Development Community (SADC) to recognize the region’s best work. The SADC Secretariat has been organising the Secondary School Essay Competitions since 1996 to enable learners in the region to recognize SADC’s position and disseminate SADC information to support the process of regional cooperation and integration.
The topic students will have to work on the 2020 SADC Secondary School Essay Competition is “How can a conducive environment for Industrial development and intra-regional trade, create jobs for SADC citizens?”
Participants are to discuss how a conducive environment for Industrial development and intra-regional trade, create jobs for SADC citizens.
Three best essays will be selected from each Province and be forwarded to the Department of Basic Education and the three national winning essays will be submitted to the SADC Secretariat.
SADC Essay Competition Worth
The SADC Secretariat will award a sum of US $ 1000 cash prize for the national winners of the competition in each Member State. Successful candidates will receive the equivalent of the prize money in South African Rands. The three national best essays will be sent to the SADC Secretariat for consideration in the regional competition.
25TH SADC SECONDARY SCHOOLS ESSAY COMPETITION ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Must be a resident of South Africa,
- Currently attending secondary school,
- Write an essay, not more than 1200 words and not less than 1000 (Ariel 1.5 line spacing for typed essays),
- Submissions must be the unaided work of applicants,
- The essay must be written in the English Language.
- The name of the candidate must be the same as those that appear on the Identification Document (ID) or Passport,
- Applicants must be willing and fit to travel.
25TH SADC SECONDARY SCHOOLS ESSAY COMPETITION APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Entrants are to forward their essays to a coordinator in their Province by 28 March 2020.
If the candidate has access to computers, it is advised for such applicant to submit both soft copies in PDF format and hard copies. The hard copy should be signed and initial to make sure that they have not been altered. Those submitting hand-written scripts should ensure that their entries are visible and should not scribe on both sides of the sheet.
The application must include:
- Contacts of authors: Authors are to provide their postal, physical, telephone and email addresses on the first page of the essay and their information
- A copy of the Identity Card or passport and a completely filled registration form that can be obtained from the AMC Group Africa Limited (http://amcgroupafrica.com/) and ARSO (https://www/arso-oran.org) websites.
- The deadline for submission of entries is 28 March 2020.