The South Africa College of Applied Psychology (SACAP) is an institution that provides students with knowledge on counselling, psychology and coaching courses. The institution offers an interactive learning class blended with practical applied skills and theoretical aspect of each course. This post is going t provide you with all you need to know about the institution: SACAP courses, SACAP admission requirements, SACAP online application and contact details.
The South Africa College of Applied Psychology is a Mzanzi’s higher institutions that are specialized in training registered counsellors. SACAP makes quality mental health care education accessible through registered and qualified counsellors in the society and labour market. Below is how to apply for admission and other details.
SACAP Admission Requirements for Registration
All institutions have a requirement student must meet to secure admission. The minimum requirement for admission at SACAP is a National Senior Certificate with a minimum grade of 45% in English. However, every course in the institution has unique requirements for applicants. The South Africa College of Applied Psychology offers courses to students in the following four levels:
If you want to apply for SACAP admission and you are wondering “how do I apply to SACAP?”, the first thing you need to do is to download the SACAP form after you have had a career choice talk with the institution admissions officers. The admission officers are available to help you make the right decision concerning your career.
After downloading the admission form, fill in your details correctly and submit the application form with supporting documents online through firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver it physically through an admission officer. The required supporting documents are:
- Certified copy of national ID
- Certified copy of Matric results
- Character reference letter
- Proof of R300 application fee or R600 if applying for Bpysch
- Addendum for Bachelor of Psychology or Honours
SACAP Online application
To apply for SACAP online application, you will have to download and fill the form by contacting email@example.com. Make sure you have all your supporting documents in digital form and click on the “submit” icon to successfully complete the process. Upload all the required softcopy documents and pay the application fee
This is the final step of the admission application, the registration fee may vary depending on the student’s mode of study and study plans. It is very important for each student to contact the admission team for a validated fee structure. The payment of fee will secure you a student number, textbook list and an invite to orientation.
Visit mysacap.sacap edu.za login, enter your email address or username, which can also be your student number, then input your password. If you do not remember your password, tap on the lost password, and follow the instructions to retrieve it.
SACAP courses 2020
Apart from the Psychology courses offered by SACAP, the institution also offers some discipline program:
1. Short courses:
- Coaching in the Workplace
- Coach Practitioner Programme
- Advanced Coach Practitioner Programme
- Postgraduate Diploma in Coaching
Psychology & counselling courses
1. Certificates & diplomas:
- Advances Certificate in Counseling and Communication Skills
- Diploma in Counseling & Communication
- Higher Certificate in Counseling and Communication Skills
2. Degrees & postgraduate:
- Bachelor of Applied Social Science
- Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology) BPsych Equivalent Programme
- Masters of Social Science [Mental Health Promotion]
- Bachelor of Applied Social Science (Majoring in HRM and Psychology)
- Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology)
- BAppSocSci Degree (Psychology and Business Management)
3. Professional degrees:
- Bachelor of Psychology (BPsych)
- Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology) [BPsych Equivalent Programme]
SACAP does not offer financial aid or bursaries to any students but interested students can apply for financial assistance on their own.
NOTE: SACAP is different from SACAPSA
Because of the similarity in the two abbreviations, many do confuse South Africa College of Applied Psychology “SACAP” with South African Council for the Architectural Profession “SACAPSA.” When inputting the site, make sure you don’t confuse www.sacapsa.com for www.sacapsa.com.
SACAP contact details
You can contact the institution using any of the following details:
- Address: 22 Westbrooke Drive, Strathavon, Sandton
- Tel: (011) 447 4939
SACAP Cape Town campus
- Address: 1st Floor, Sunclare building, 21 Dreyer Street, Claremont
- Tel: (021) 671 7692
- Address: 5th Floor, 199-203 Peter Mokaba Road (previously Ridge Road – North), Morningside
- Tel: (031) 944 4909
SACAP Pretoria campus
- Address: 1st Floor, North Block, Brookfield Office Park, 261 Middel Street, Nieuw Muckleneuk
- Tel: (012) 941 8550
- Address: 5th Floor, Sunclare building, 21 Dreyer Street, Claremont
- Tel: 0860 77 11 11