Apply for the Mpumalanga Attorneys Council Bursary South Africa 2020/2021. The details of the bursary and how to apply for Mpumalanga Attorneys Council Bursary South Africa 2020/2021 is available in this post.
The Mpumalanga Attorneys Council works as the representative of the practising attorneys within the Mpumalanga Province and the community ae served by the attorney. The Mpumalanga Attorneys Council is a substructure of the Law Society of the Northern Province that represents all gender and races in the region. Currently, the council consist of 12 Mpumalanga attorneys who are elected by their colleagues.
Its the responsibility of the Council to make sure that the public and local Mpumalanga communities are served effectively by the elected attorneys. The Mpumalanga Attorneys Council serves as an information source for the public with regards to attorneys, their services and activities (such as the information on the process of lodging a complaint against an attorney; what clients can expect of their attorney; and legal background on various topics).
FIELDS COVERED BY BURSARY PROGRAMME
The bursary which was established in 2005 is available for students that are interested in studying a law profession.
Applicants will have to meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for the program:
- South African citizen
- Resident of Mpumalanga
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Excellent academic record
- Studying or intend on studying towards a Law qualification
- Intend on pursuing a career as an Attorney
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
You can download the application form from Mpumalanga Attorneys Council Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Applicants are to submit clear copies of all the following supporting documentation along with your application form. Failure to do so will disqualify you.
- ID document (certified copy)
- Current Matric students:
- latest Matric statement of results (certified copy)
- Testimonial by the School Principal
- Current tertiary students:
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- full academic record (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of registration at a recognised university in South Africa
- Motivational letter explaining why you want to study Law and become a Lawyer/ Attorney
Applications should be submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
(Put the words “Mpumalanga Attorneys Council Bursary Application & Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
The application does not have a closing date, it is open throughout the year.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For more information, please contact the Mpumalanga Attorneys Council directly:
Tel: 012 338 5800
Fax: 012 323 2606