Eligible students can now proceed to apply for the MerSETA bursary 2020.
MerSETA was founded in 2000, since its establishment, it has played an important role in making sure South Africa meet its National Skills Development Strategy target and goals.
This organization function in metal and engineering, vehicle manufacturing, auto parts manufacturing, tyre production, and various plastic industries. They assist students to gain proper training and development by paying for their studies and employment programmes.
READ: Sekhukhune TVET College Prospectus 2021 – Download PDF
The merSETA award bursaries into two categories:
- Annually: for students of University students
- Biannually: for students of University of Technology
Semester courses for students of Universities of Technology:
- National Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- National Diploma in Electrical Engineering (heavy and light electronics & current)
- National Diploma in Industrial Engineering
- National Diploma in Metallurgy & Materials Engineering
- National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering including Mechatronics
- National Diploma in Polymer Technology
- National Diploma in Production and Operations Management
READ: Standard Bank CSI Bursary 2021
Undergraduate programmes for University students:
- BSc in Chemical Engineering
- BSc in Electrical Engineering (heavy and light electronics & current)
- BSc in Industrial Engineering
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering including Mechatronics
- BSc in Metallurgy and Materials Engineering
- BSc in Polymer Technology
- BSc in Production and Operations Management
READ: Dam Technical College application 2021 Form
merSETA Bursary 2020 – 2021 Requirements and Eligibility
- South Africa.
- Employed by a company registered with merSETA or unemployed and willing to work in the engineering, manufacturing, and related service sectors.
- Must have a Matric certificate or equivalent or a post-Matric qualification or equivalent.
- Attain minimum requirements for admission into tertiary institution.
- Studying or intends to study one of the above courses
READ: Best Universities To Study Medicine in South Africa
How to Apply and Application Details
To apply, you will have to send a mail to [email protected].
Applicants should also submit a certified copy of the following documents together with their application form:
- ID document.
- Matric certificate or equivalent.
- Proof of registration or application at a University of Technology or University in South Africa.
- Most recent tertiary report.
- If applicable, evidence sources of funding for the applicant’s studies.
READ: VUT Blackboard Portal: Vut.blackboard.com
30 June 2020 (for the first semester)
30 September 2020 (for the second semester)
Address: Pickering Park Office Suites, 14-20 Pickering St, Newton Park, Port Elizabeth
Telephone Number: +27 10 219 3000
E-mail Address: [email protected]