The Masakh’iSizwe Western Cape Department of Transport and Public Works is ging bursary to South African students. All eligible students can now apply for the Western Cape Department of Transport and Public Works bursary.
The Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme was established by the Department of Transport and Public Works in partnership with higher education institutions, (HEI), relevant professional bodies and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in 2006.
The Western Cape Department of Transport and Public Works is responsible for the South African Government construction of roads, health facilities, educationals facilities and general building constructions.
Apart from construction, the department is also involved with providing access to efficient and safe transportation, and also increase the job opportunities in South Africa through various programmes. The department goal is to provide infrastructure and services to achieve a socio-economic and safe outcome and to also empower the community.
Masakh’iSizwe bursary will be awarded to students in the Engineering and Built Environment sector, especially for studies within the following fields (Degree/ Higher Diploma studies):
- Construction Management
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Property Studies
- Quantity Surveying
- Town/ City and Regional Planning
- Transport Economics
- Transportation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT & OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
The bursary programme will take care of the following student expenses: tuition fees, study materials, food, prescribed textbooks and accommodation. Students will also benefit from support services programmes and other learning opportunities are available.
Recipient of the bursary will have to work for the Department of Transport and Public Works and take part in the Professional Development Training Programme to get professional registration after graduation.
Successful candidates will be contacted by the end of February 2021, please consider your application unsuccessful if you did not receive any feedback.
DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT AND PUBLIC WORK BURSARY ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants of this bursary must meet the following requirements to be considered for the award:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Ready to study full-time within one of the above fields of study
- New applicant (not a current bursar of the Masakh’iSizwe Bursary programme)
- Offered admission to study at one of the following universities: University of Cape Town/ Cape Peninsula University of Technology/ University of Stellenbosch
- *Financially disadvantaged students, especially female students; those from rural communities and those with disabilities will be given preference
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
To apply for the bursary, download and complete the Masakh’iSizwe-Bursary-Application-Form (.pdf). After filling the application form completely, submit a clear certified copy of the following documents with the application form.
- ID document
- Last Matric results for students currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, for students that have completed Matric
- Last academic results, for students currently at tertiary level
- Proof of registration or application at one of the above tertiary institutions
- Full course outline for 2021
- Study cost estimate for 2021
- student full academic record
- Proof of residential address (a recent account or utility bill)
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse ID document
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse evidence of income (latest payslip if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ death certificate if deceased)
- Proof of any existing debt (if applicable)
- Proof of any other financial aid received (if applicable)
- Medical proof of disability (if disabled)
- Motivational letter to support your application
You are to submit the supporting documents attached to the filled application through any of the following means:
1) Hand delivery:
Masakh’iSizwe Bursary programme
9 Riebeek Street
(Dial ext. 0964 / 9545 / 6553)
Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme
Private Bag X9185
The closing date for the bursary application is 31 August 2020. Any application submitted later will not be accepted.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
You can contact the Department of Transport and Public Works Masakh’iSizwe Office directly for any query using the details below:
You can read the bursary Frequently Asked Questions for more information.Follow SchoolGist