Students can now apply for KZN Health bursary to study a health-related course. The Department of Health is encouraging careers in Health Sciences and is providing provincial bursaries to qualified students in various fields.
The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health’s Bursary Program postal will be placed at all Provincial Hospitals, Clinics and Municipal Offices, Internet and will clearly display the respective fields of study/scarce skills required by the KZN Department of Health.
The field of study includes Pharmacy, Audiology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Oral Hygiene, Dietetics, Radiography (Ultrasound), Emergency Medical Care, Medicine, Psychology (clinical), Medical Orthotics and Prosthetics, Health Promotion Radiography (Diagnostic and Ultrasound).
After filling the application form, applicants are to return the form to the hospital they obtain it.
Field of Study:
- Health Sciences
- Clinical Medicine
- Oral Health Sciences
- Health Science Education
- Anatomical Science
- Public Health
- Therapeutic Sciences
KZN Health Bursary Eligibility
- The applicant must be from KwaZulu-Natal
- The applicant must have a good academic record
- Proof of application/registration to a Tertiary Institution
- Must not be in receipt of another bursary
- The student must not have another degree/diploma
- Recommendations will be made on a sliding scale in terms of parents income as follow:
- R0 – R120000 (Tuition, Meals, Books, Accommodation)
- R121000 – R150000 (Tuition, Meals and Accommodation)
- R151000 – R200000 (Tuition, Accommodation, Books)
- R201000 – R250000 (Tuition, Accommodation)
- R251000 – R300000 (Tuition only)
How to Apply:
You can obtain a KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health Bursary Application Form from the nearest Government Hospital, Human Resource Department, to your family home is in KwaZulu-Natal.