The KwaZulu-Natal Film is a Commission that focuses on film production and has gained recognition globally. This commission has the objective of providing opportunities for individuals who are from disadvantaged communities, to participate in the film industry. It also aims to address skills and resources scarcity in the state. Through these objectives, KZNFC brought up programmes such as Internship Programmes for school graduates, Women and Youth Incubation Programme for the encouragement of women and young participants into the industry, Bursary Programme for academic financial support of students, Tours for film producers and film companies from around the country and the world and the Film Fund for film projects financial support.
The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission (KZNFC) bursaries will be given to students who wish to pursue studies towards Film and Television related programs at KwaZulu-Natal tertiary institutions. This bursary fund will cover registration and tuition fees, textbook allowances and accommodation costs. The programme is concerned on encouraging individuals to participate in the film industry so as to increase film industry experts especially individuals from disadvantaged communities.
KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Applicants who have applied at KwaZulu Natal recognized tertiary institutions and have received a letter of acceptance
- Students who have gone through the process of matriculation and undergraduates who wish to pursue their careers in Film/TV/Animation at a KwaZulu-Natal recognised tertiary institution
- South African citizens and residing in KwaZulu-Natal province
The selection criteria are based on the following:
- Proven academic performance
- Field of study and demand
- Financial situation
- Representation (Gender, Disability and Race)
- Skills, ability and potential
How to Apply and Application Details
- Submission will open from 08 September – 25 October annually
- Fill the KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Bursary Application form
NOTE: The hard copies of this form are also available at the KZN Film Commission offices and can be submitted by:
- Applicants are required to submit a new application for every year of study.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- A valid copy of 2019 Grade 12 June exam results or a current academic record if you are currently studying at a tertiary institution.
- A valid copy of your ID document
- A valid copy of Matriculation June exam results.
- Certified copy of Matriculation certificate.
- A valid copy of your latest academic record, if currently at tertiary level
- Letter of acceptance to study at a tertiary institution in KwaZulu-Natal
- Tertiary institutes 2020 fee schedule (on institution’s letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (not older than 3 months) (latest payslips or letter of employment if employed/ proof of SASSA grant if applicable/ pension slip if on pension/ affidavit if unemployed etc)
- Parents/ guardians bank statement with maintenance order/ affidavit, if separated or divorced
- Proof of disability if disabled
25 October 2020.
Post: 10th Floor, Musgrave Towers, 115 Musgrave Road, Berea, Durban, 4001
Address: Reception, 10th Floor, Musgrave Towers, 115 Musgrave Road, Berea, Durban, 4001
Email: [email protected] / [email protected]