Apply for Kumba Iron Ore Bursary 2020/2021. Here is the complete guide on how to apply for Kumba Iron Ore Bursary.
Kumba Iron Ore was established in November 2006 and operates primarily in South Africa with mining operations in the provinces of Northern Cape and Limpopo, and port operations in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape. The firm is a leading supplier to the global steel industry of high-quality iron ore. Kumba is listed on the Johannesburg Securities Exchange (JSE).
Kumba Iron Ore Bursaries
Students wishing to continue their studies in Mining Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geology (Honors) and Minerals Survey (BTech) will receive the Kumba Iron Ore bursary program.
The company’s bursary program includes registration, tuition and excursion fees, book, computer, calculator, accommodation and meal allowances paid holiday work, practical training and training for personal development.
The duration of the bursary will depend on the year of study for the candidates. In Northern Cape, bursary holders will be required to perform holiday work. Permanent employment after graduation of the bursary holder is not guaranteed, as it depends on the needs of the company. Candidates from local communities of operation such as mines Sishen, Kolomela and Thabazimbi will be given preference.
Bursary Eligible Field of Study
Only students from the following field of study are eligible to apply for the bursary.
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
- Civil Engineering
- Geology (Honours)
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Minerals Surveying (BTech)
- Mining Engineering
Kumba Iron Ore Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
To be eligible for the bursary, students must meet the following requirements:
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Pure Maths and Science (Achievement level – 6 and 7 respectively)
- English (Achievement level – 5)
- Pure Maths and Science (Achievement level 5)
- English (Achievement level 5)
How to Apply and Application Details
- Get the Kumba Iron Ore Bursary Application Form (pdf) or visit the Kumba Iron Ore bursary site.
- Attach the following documents to your application form:
- Valid copies of ID
- Academic results
- Sent your completed form attached with the required documents to [email protected] or fax to 086 645 5160.
Any application that is not completely filled or does not have the required documents will not be considered. The bursary organizer will only communicate with the shortlisted candidates only, to come for assessments and interviews. Applications without any feedback after a month from the closing date should be considered unsuccessful.
The bursary will close annually on 30 April.
You can contact the bursary provider using the information below:
Address: Centurion Gate, 124 Akkerboom Road, Centurion, 0157, South Africa
Fax: 086 645 5160
Email: [email protected]