- Accommodation. A stipend will be granted in the case of bursary holders residing privately or with family/relatives. On the other hand, full residence fees will be given to the institution in the case of bursary holders residing in the institution’s residences.
- Meal allowance
- Tuition and registration fees
- Bi-annual books and stationery allowances
Bursaries must be renewed per academic year depending on student’s academic performance. Bursaries may also be provided for those who are acquiring a compulsory postgraduate degree to obtain professional status. Upon completion of studies, bursary holders may also be required to work for IDC for a period equivalent to the bursary duration.
READ: Power Group Bursary 2020-2021
IDC Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizens who qualify for admission to a University or University of Technology and FET college or Full time University or University of Technology students who have already successfully completed one or more years and passed all courses for which they are enrolled
- Not a recipient of any other funding sources
- Minimum B aggregate symbol for grade 12 Maths and Science.
- Minimum C aggregate symbol average for applicants already at university
Applicants from rural areas will be given preference. University or University of Technology students who have already successfully completed one or more years will be assessed based on their Grade 12 and the latest academic results. No bursaries are awarded for applicants studying at a college or private university.
READ: Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) Bursary 2020-2021
How to Apply and Application Details
The bursary applications must need to be done online at: https://protected.idc.co.za/BursaryPortal/
You will be required to register an account before you can log in and apply.
- Submit a clear and certified copy of the following documents to accompany your application:
- Grade 11 results, this year’s Grade 12 June results, NSC/Matric results, latest academic results for tertiary students and applicants not studying this year
- Provisional admission letter to the institution you applied to
- ID document
- Household proof of income (pay slips or audited financial statements)
- Death certificate or a sworn affidavit if parent(s) / guardian / spouse is deceased
- Divorce certificate if parents are divorced
- A sworn statement from one of the parent if they are separated
READ: First National Bank (FNB) Fund Bursary 2020/2021
If you have not received any response within 30 days after the application closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
31 October 2020
Ms Nolonwabo Nguqu
Tel: 011 269 3946
Email: [email protected]