Did you want to study in Canada? Canada is one of the best countries that offer the best education to students. If you want to travel to Canada to enjoy quality education, here is your opportunity to know what it takes.
Getting a certificate from Canada will earn you respect among your peers. Canada has a high academic standard which makes their certificate to be recognised worldwide. A Canadian degree, diploma or certificate will open doors and guarantee you a good job.
Education in Canada, unlike other countries, is provincial and the curriculum is overseen by the province, each province has its own system of education. The federal government’s responsibilities are limited to the Royal Military College of Canada and the funding of indigenous peoples education.
This article will teach you how to get Canada Study Visa from South Africa.
Why Your Canada Visa Application Might be Rejected If
If you are applying for a Canada Visa and you fall under any of the following, you will not be allowed to visit Canada:
- If you pose a security risk
- Have committed human right violations
- Have been once convicted of a crime or you have serious health problems.
- If you have serious financial problems or have an ineligible family member accompanying you to Canada.
- Your visa application will be declined if you lied in your application or interview.
How to Apply for Canada Student Visa
Below are the steps you need to take to apply for Canada Visa from South Africa
1. Confirm Canada Student Visa Eligibility
Before you proceed to apply for a Visa you need to do the following to be eligible for the Visa.
- A Canadian institution or University must have offered you a provisional admission
- You need to be in good health and mental state of mind
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees, living costs, return flights and any other expense
- Proof of no criminal record or pose a security threat to Canada
- You must fulfil and answer all appropriate questions and also prove that you’ll return to South Africa after your authorized visa expires
2. Complete the Visa Application Form
To apply for your Study Visa in Canada. there are two modes of application; the online application and offline application. How to apply using the two will be explained below, the method of application you choose depends on your preference.
You fill the visa application form online provided you have a scanner or a camera to create electronic copies of your document for uploading and a valid credit card for payment.
This is the recommended option for South Africans.
Below are what you need to do:
- Download the Temporary Resident Visa application forms and Instruction Guide on this page.
- Complete the Visa application
The instruction guide contains all the information you need to complete your application form correctly. The completed application must include the barcode page.
3. Fill the VFS Consent Form
Download the VFS consent form (Click here to download), fill the form and attach it with your application form. It is compulsory for you to complete the form properly and attached to your application form or else it will be returned to you.
4. Make Visa Application Payment
After completing the steps above, you have to pay a visa processing fees and biometric fees by visiting the Canada Visa Application Center (CVAC). You should also know that an extra service charge of $39.82 might be required.
Payment is only done over the counter at Bank Counter in the CVAC, along with submission of application. A receipt will be issued to you after paying the fees, please don’t misplace the receipt. The receipt contains a unique tracking number you can use to track your application status.
5. Submit the Application Package
You are to submit your application form together with all the required documents and proof of visa processing payment and biometric fees payment at the Canada Visa Application Center.
6. Track Your Application
To know what is going on with your visa application, use the tracking number in the receipt given to you at the Canada Visa Application Center.
7. Wait for Processing to Complete
A temporary Canada residence visa takes up to 14 days, they will have to confirm all your information before they will consider you.
8. Submit your Passport
After the embassy has checked your documents, you will receive a notification from the Canadian Government requesting for your passport. Make sure you have gotten a passport before then as this is a very important step. You can submit your passport and request letter in person at CVAC or by courier to the CVAC.
9. Retrieve your Passport
Once your passport is ready for pickup you will receive a notification. You can then go and pick up your passport in person or send a self-addressed courier return envelope with your passport and request letter.