The Gallagher Foundation Scholarship was established in 2001 by Jerry and Ellen Gallagher. The scholarship aim is to provide funds for students in three countries, namely Turkey, South Africa and Mexico. In 2002, the foundation award her first student scholarship in South Africa, then Mexico in 2004 and Turkey in 2005.
This scholarship provides funds for students to study at the University of Cape Town, South Africa, ITESM Monterrey Campus in Mexico and Bogazici University in Turkey. The aim of this scholarship is to provide quality education for students and contribute to nation development.
GALLAGHER FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP FIELDS COVERED
The Gallagher Foundation Scholarship will award five scholarships to students in the following field.
- Political Science
The scholarship is going to cover the following students expenses: tuition fees, accommodation, books, study materials, meals and transport.
To be eligible for the scholarship applicants must meet all the following requirements:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Have strong academic record
- Intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Applicants entering 1st year of study in 2021
- Students that have received conditional acceptance at the University of Cape Town.
- Score high in all competency areas of the National Benchmark Test
- High level of ethical values (commitment to make a difference in the country, opposed to violence, strong leadership potential)
- Strong leadership potential (extracurricular activities, awards received, service work, special projects)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
You can apply for the Gallagher Scholarship online and submit a clear copies of the following documents:
- A recent photograph
- Last high school academic record
- UCT Conditional acceptance
- NBT test results
- Recommendation letter from a teacher, mentor, guidance counsellor, athletic coach or employer
- Proof of Income (the latest payslips/ letter from employer/ pension documents)
All applicants must submit all the above documents to be considered for the scholarship.
The scholarship application time line dates are as follows:
The scholarship application will close on 13th of August 2020, all applicants must have completed their NSFAS application by 31st of August 2020. All applicants will receive a message that will notify them of their application status and the next selection process by 18th of September 2020. By 28 and 30 September 2020, the final eligible nine applicants will be interviewed to pick the top five applicants. The result of the interview will be communicated to the nine applicants by 6th October 2020.
There is high probability that this dates will change due to COVID-19.
The scholarship application will close on the 31st of August 2020 by 23:59. Any application submitted after will not be accepted.
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
You can contact the Gallagher Foundation directly for any question or inquiries:
Please read the FAQ’s: https://gallagherfoundation.org/faqFollow SchoolGist