French Embassy Masters Scholarships is available for 20 Maxter students in South Africa for the duration of their French academic year.
The scholarship is of two types – M1 for students in their Master degree first year while M2 is for Master students in their final year. The French embassy scholarship will take care of the following student expenses: Schengen visa fee, health insurance, tuition fees, flight tickets (return trip) and a monthly stipend toward living costs.
This scholarship programme serves as part of a commitment between South Africa and France to implement mutually beneficial partnerships between their universities and creating a large network of professional and academic contacts.
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must the following entry requirements before applying:
- Must be a South Africa or Lesotho citizen (International students that have obtained a degree from a South African university can also apply)
- Students currently doing their Bachelors or Honours degree must be complete it before they depart for France
- Applied to study at a minimum of 3 French institutions
- A valid passport or be able to obtain a valid passport in time
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
Attach a copy of the following certified documents together with your application form:
- Passport or ID document
- Degree Certificates and Academic Transcripts (from incomplete & complete qualifications)
- Acceptance letter from a university in France OR proof of application to at least 2 universities in France
- Motivational letter (maximum of 2 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum of 2 pages)
- Link to your chosen course of study
Submit the application form to [email protected]
(please ensure that all attachments are in PDF format only)
This bursary closes on 24 March annually (at 17:00).
For any bursary queries, please contact:
University cooperation officer
Tel: 012 425 1721
Email: [email protected]