The application for the East-West Centre Graduate Degree Fellowship in the USA for the year 2020/2021 is now open to interested applicants at the University of Hawai in USA.
The East-West Centre Graduate Degree Fellowship was established to transform public higher education to improve teaching and learning quality and efficiency. It also aimed at creating a world-class higher learning institution. This Degree Fellowship is one of the best programmes you will happy to be a part of. The fellowship is going to cover all successful applicants tuition fees and books. Also, housing will be made available in an East-West Centre dormitory and applicants meal, health insurance and incidental expenses will be catered for partially. It is important for applicants to know that the funding for field study and conference presentations is on a competitive basis.
Through cooperative study, dialogue and research, the East-West Centre has been able to promote a mutual relationship between nations of the United State, Asia and the Pacific. This article is going to provide you with the details of this fellowship and how to apply.
EAST-WEST CENTER FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
The programme selects her scholars based on the following criteria:
- Citizens or permanent residents of the countries below are eligible to apply for the East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship:
Pacific Region: American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Northern Marianas, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna Islands
Southeast Asia: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
East Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Russia, Taiwan
- Applicants for this program must have obtained a 4-year bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a college or university accredited by the US, or obtain a degree from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad.
- All applicant must obtain a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0=A scale) or the equivalent, in their last four semesters or six quarters of the undergraduate record and in all post-baccalaureate work.
- A proof of English proficiency is required by the University of Hawai‘i to determining applicant readiness for graduate-level work. Applicant can get an exemption only if the following criteria are met
a) Applicants academic program was completed in a country where English is the first language.
b) Applicantobtain a degree from the institution within the past five years.
All applicant should refrain from requesting EWC to grant a TOEFL or IELTS exemption, the Center is not in a position to overrule the University of Hawai‘i requirement.
EAST-WEST CENTER FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- EWC fellowships are awarded to applicants annually in an international competition. The closing date for the competition is November 1 (or the next Monday if Nov. 1 fall in a weekend) and the fellowship study to begin the following August. You can download the application materials for the East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship from their website.
The link below will take you to the page where you will download the application form, letters of reference, and verification of funds form:
For those that could not download from the fellowship website, or could not use the PDF files in the link can request a DOC version, by sending a mail to scholarships-at-eastwestcenter.org.
Application must include:
- Application Guide
- An application Checklist
- Application Form and Instructions
- Academic Letter of Reference Form and Instructions
- Civic Engagement Letter of Reference Form and Instructions
- Verification of Funds for Additional Expenses Form
- Only applications that submit their application form (with the International Office and registered on the scholarship website) before December 1, 2019. will be considered.
Click here for more information Or Leave a comment below