Application is now open for students that want to apply for CUT PGCE 2021. All interested application can nowobtain the CUT PGCE application dorm.
The management of CUT has open admission portal for Postgraduate Diploma in Education. Qualified candidates can now apply for the school admission.
CUT PGCE 2021 ADMISSION
Below are all the information you need regarding CUT PGCE to apply for admission successfully:
|POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA: POSTGRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN EDUCATION (PGCE)||
Duration of Programme
|Bloemfontein Campus, Welkom Campus||
and Welkom 1 year full-time or 2 years part-time
Additional Admission Requirements
The applicant must hold at least a bachelor’s degree or three-year diploma evaluated at NQF level 6 (old structure) or NQF level 7 (new structure) (360 credits). The degree or diploma must include at least two school-related subjects. One school-related subject must be at either second-year or third-year level (for FET Methodology), and one must be at first-year level (for SP Methodology), The 360-credit diploma teaching subjects must be within the list of the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) fields.
Selection will be subject to academic performance in the major subjects of the degree/diploma and the capacity with regards to methodologies.
Teacher or lecturer at a secondary school or FET college.
The PGCE (Senior Phase and Further Education and Training Teaching) is a professional education qualification and focuses on developing competencies that the student can apply as a subject teacher in the Senior Phase and the Further Education and Training Phase. The qualification requires a specific depth and specialisation of knowledge, together with practical skills and school-based learning, to enable successful students to apply their learning as beginner teachers in schools in varying contexts. The qualification aims at the development of professional competence, reflexively grounded in educational theory. The PGCE (Senior Phase and Further Education and Training Teaching) is an entry-level, initial professional teaching programme that ‘caps’ an undergraduate degree or an approved diploma.
CUT PGCE Intake Cycles
- Applications for the following year will open in May/June of each year; closing date is end of August.
- Applications for the second semester will open in March/April of each year; closing date is end of May. Please note only selected programmes have a second semester intake.
Central University of Technology Application Steps
These are important information you need to apply to the Central University of Technology PGCE.
- Make sure you take note of your subject combination and take not of subject requirements and specialization (teaching)
- Make sure you meet the minimum general admission requirements before you proceed to apply for admission
- Prepare a copy of all required documents needed for the admission application.
- You can then download an application form on the CUT website
- You can read more information about CUT Admission
You can request for CUT admission application form from:
Academic Structure and Student Enrolment Services
Private Bag X20539
Note: You are to pay for the application form, the amount you will pay is written on the form. Also, make sure you fill the application form correctly.Follow SchoolGist