The Citrus Academy is a non-profit company that operates under the Citrus Growers’ Association of Southern Africa (CGASA). It aims and objectives is to establish opportunities for human resource development which is focused largely in Western parts. Through its funding by the CGASA, the Citrus Academy offers tertiary students full bursaries to pursue studies in fields that relate to the industry, including citrus production and associated research.
The Citrus Academy Bursary Fund presents bursaries that cover the needs of:
- Tuition fees Meals
- Books and other stationary
- For postgraduate students- research costs
- Other expenses needed for the student’s studies
The bursary is for students interested in studying in one of the following course fields:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Management
- Agricultural Production Management
- Crop Production
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Plant Pathology
- Plant Production
- Soil Science
Citrus Academy Bursary Fund 2021 Requirements and Eligibility
To qualify, candidates should have the following entry criteria:
- Must be a citizen of South Africa, Zimbabwe or Swaziland.
- Must have completed Matriculation.
- Must be currently studying towards one of the fields of study mentioned above.
- Must be currently entering their 2nd year of study and above.
- Must be currently studying part-time or full-time at one of the recognized tertiary institutes in South Africa.
- Must have an excellent academic record.
- Preference goes to female students and those who have been previously disadvantaged. Open to disabled students too.
Failure to meet these requirements will lead to the application getting disapproved. As for the selection criteria, the requirement involves the following:
- Academic record
- Field of study
- Disability status
- Proven financial need
- Relevant background to the citrus industry
- Status of being previously disadvantaged
How to Apply and Application Details
Interested candidates can apply online at: https://www.citrusacademy.co.za/bursary-fund/apply-online. Candidates must also submit clear copies of the following supporting documents with the online application:
- A certified copy of an ID document.
- A certified copy of the applicant’s most recent tertiary academic results.
- A certified copy of the applicant’s most recent tertiary exam results.
- A certified copy of the applicant’s secondary education results.
- A motivational essay wherein the applicant explains why they want to study further, their background in the citrus industry, and how they plan to give back to the citrus industry and citrus enterprise after completing their studies. (maximum of 500 words)
- For postgraduate students, details of the applicant’s proposed research project.
If the applicant fails to submit any of these, it will lead to their disqualification.
15 September 2020
Address: Unit 8, 22 on Main Cnr of Greenway Close and Old Main Road, Gillitts, KwaZulu-Natal
Telephone Number: 031 765 3410 / 3412
E-mail: [email protected]