The application for CHORI Summer Student Research Program In USA 2020/2021 is now open for Domestic & International Students in the UK. Applicants can now apply for a scholarship to study at the National Institutes of Health in the USA.
Application is now open for students that want to participate in the Summer Research Program which aims at providing basic and clinical research training opportunities for High School and Undergraduate students. The undergraduate program is going to take place for 9 weeks while the high school program will last for 20 weeks.
The application is open to students with high GPA of 3.0 or higher and has an interest in the health sciences and High school students in the junior or senior year with at least one of the years completed in math and biology. All undergraduate students that are currently admitted into an undergraduate program are also eligible to apply.
CHORI RESEARCH PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
The winners of the scholarship will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Applicants must have an interest in health sciences and have a high GPA of 3.0 or better.
- All High school students in junior or senior year applying must have completed at least a year in math and biology.
- Students that are recently admitted into an undergraduate program can also apply.
- Also open to students considered Under-Represented in the sciences
- Applicants must a citizen or non-citizen nationals of the United States or must have been lawfully admitted for permanent residency (i.e., in possession of the Alien Registration Receipt Card I-551 or I-151) at the time of application.
- Students with temporary or student visas are not eligible for application.
Note: Students that are not eligible to apply for a stipend according to these criteria can apply as a volunteer.
MODE OF APPLICATION
The mode of application for this award is online.
CHORI RESEARCH PROGRAM APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants are to download a copy of the application on the scholarship website. Applicants can also submit their application online using the website
- Complete the application
- Attach the required documents and mail it to Children’s Hospital Oakland Research Institute Attn: CHORI Summer Student Program 5700 Martin Luther King Jr Way Oakland, CA 94609 (510) 450-7674
- Also, make sure your (2) letters of recommendation are mailed to the address above.
Only applications to the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship before February 7, 2020 will be considered.