The Central Applications Office helps students to process applications for undergraduate courses in Irish Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). Cao only helps student with the admission process, they don’t grant admission to students, the HEIs is the one that makes the decision on the admission of undergraduate and instruct CAO to make an offer for successful applicants. The aim of CAO is to help applicants process applications in an efficient and effective manner.
The best way to apply for Cao is the online application process, applying online make your application available immediately to the institution to which you applied to and paid the application fee. This article will put you through on how to apply successfully to Cao.
STEPS TO COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION
- Visit the official website: www.cao.ac.za and click on “Apply”.
- Read the information on the website and click on “Continue with Application”.
- Input your ID number and click on “Submit”
- Go to bottom of page and click on “Continue with Application”.
- Enter all the details requested by the website and click on the “Next” button.
- Select “Continue with online application”.
- A pop-up will surface which will contain all your CAO Number, Password and EasyPay Number.
After you have completed the above processes make sure you read the instructions carefully. Your datils will also be sent to the email address you input, the details are very important for you to access your information later.
- Select “Continue with Online Application”.
- Follow the instructions to complete ALL the required field, then click “Next”.
- Fill the “Next of Kin” details and select “Next”.
- Search for your school in the search box, the school name will appear and you must enter the year to attend the school and the year you finish.
- Click “Next”.
- Click “Process My Application”.
A message will appear on your screen to indicate that your application has been submitted successfully. You can now proceed to pay online or pay with EasyPay.
APPLY TO CAO USING HARDCOPY FORM
CAO has post application form and Handbooks to your school and it must have reached your school since the end of April, you can find out about this form from your Principal and LO lecturer. Applicant can also request for an application form by contacting the CAO Call Centre on 0860860226 or send a mail to email@example.com or visit CAO office at Gate 11, Mary Thiphe Street, Glenwood to collect or deliver your CAO application form.
Applications completed through hard copy will take at least two weeks to process after the day of successful submission of your application and application fee has been paid. CAO did not have control over how long it takes for Post Office to deliver your application.