Canyon Coal bursary for South African is now open for application. Apply for the Canyon Coal Bursaryfollowing the steps in this article.
Cayon Coal was found in 2006 as a coal exploration and mining group of companies. It operates in Gauteng and Mpumalanga with many other exploration projects across South Africa. Cayon Coal production of coal per annum from its various operations in the Hakhano Colliery, the Singani Colliery, the Khanye Colliery and the Phalanndwa Colliery is 2.5MT.
Out of all Cayon Coal Companies operations, Hakhano Colliery in Mpumalanga is the company flagship opencast mine, it produces more than 40 000 tons of ROM each month. Cayon Coal second-largest operation is in the Singani Colliery, also located in Mpumalanga, and produces around 140 000 ton of ROM each month. The Phalanndwa Colliery in Mpumalanga produces about 120 000 ton of ROM each month, and the Khanye Colliery in Gauteng is estimated to produce around 200 000 ton of ROM each month.
FIELDS COVERED BY THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
The bursary is going to cover the following field of study of students within the Khanye Colliery, Ukufisa Colliery and Phalanndwa Extension:
- Analytical Chemistry (BSc)
- Geology (BSc)
- Electrical Engineering (BSc)
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc)
- Mine Survey (BSc)
- Environmental Management
- Human Resources
The bursary will cover the cost of tuition fees, accommodation and a prescribed book allowance.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the bursary:
- South African citizen OR naturalized citizen
- Reside within the mining area (Bronkhorstspruit/ Delmas/ Springs area)
- Completed Matric
- Currently registered/ studying at a recognised tertiary institution in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Achieved a minimum average of 65% in all courses completed to date
- Proven financial need
- From a previously disadvantaged background
- Preference will be given to female students, as well as those with disabilities
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted, if you did not receive any correspondence within 30 days of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
You can get the application form from Canyon Coal Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT
It is compulsory for you to submit a certified copy of the following documents with your application form to be considered for the bursary:
- ID document
- Matric certificate
- Full tertiary academic record
- Proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution
- Tertiary fee statement (on tertiary letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse ID documents
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse proof of income (payslip if employed/ financial balance sheet if self-employed/ affidavit if unemployed – see page 8 of the application form for more details)
All application should be submitted to the email [email protected]
(Make sure you insert the words “Canyon Coal Bursary Application and Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
The application deadline is 1 February 2020, any application submitted after February 1 will not be put into consideration.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any query or question, please contact Canyon Coal directly:
Contact Person: Nomfundo Mkhwebani
Tel: 011 786 7996
Email: [email protected]