Canon Collins Trust was established in 1981, this trust since then became a community for researches and activities to create change and social impact.
The trust was established by Canon John Collins, a man known for his social movements such as Campaign for Christian Action, Nuclear Disarmament and the British Anti Apartheid Movement, through his British Defense and Aid Fund for Southern Africa. Cannon Collins Trust focuses on education and human rights to empower individuals in the southern African society.
Canon Collins Thekgo Bursaries
The Canon Collins Thekgo Fund was developed by groups of professionals with the aims objectives of ensuring access to higher education. This bursary plan pays for the initial registration fee for successful candidates to allow them to register at tertiary institutions. The programme also helps students gain entry to alternative funding support.
Thekgo bursaries acquire postgraduate and undergraduate level in the following Courses:
- Languages and Literature
- Media Studies
- Gender Studies
- Arts (Digital Arts, Drama/Performance Studies, Visual Arts/Fine Arts, History of Art, Film and Television Studies, Music)
Canon Collins Thekgo Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Citizen/national of or have refugee status in any African country
- First-year undergraduate or postgraduate full-time students at a university in Limpopo and North-West provinces, South Africa in 2018 academic year
- Good academic performance
- Students of Languages and Literature, Media Studies, Gender Studies, Education and Arts
- Proven financial need
How to Apply
- Download and complete the Canon Collins Thekgo Bursary Application Form.
- Accompany the following supporting documents with your application form, Certified copy of ID/passport, University admission letter including the amount of registration fee, Proof of financial need such as payslips, bank statement and/or affidavit of financial situation, Proof of having applied for the other relevant bursaries/scholarships, if applicable ,Copy of Senior Certificate, degree or other certificates and Academic transcripts.
Applicants are also encouraged to submit the following supporting material:
- Department/faculty letter supporting the application
- Digital portfolio of creative work for applicants in the creative arts fields such as Visual Arts, Music, Textile, Fashion, Music, etc.
- Email complete applications and documents to [email protected]
Currently closed for applications.
Reopen in November 2018
Close on, 16 December 2018 11 pm
Email: [email protected]