It is a tradition for Boston University to welcome 20 students with outstanding performance into the Trustee Scholars Program. The Boston University Trustee Scholarship is for students with a perfect average point of 4.0 in high school and ranked as top of the class.
The BU Trustee Scholarship is open for all students that have the most accomplishment in their class and show high engagement in their school and community. This scholarship is one of the most prestigious scholarships around. It gives scholars the opportunity to be part of a unique campus community that provides cultural, intellectual and social opportunities.
BOSTON UNIVERSITY TRUSTEE SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
The following are the requirements an applicant must meet to apply for this award:
- Have a perfect grade point average of 4.0
- Available for all international students
- Ranked as the top of their class
- Applicants applying for undergraduate studies
- Extraordinarily well-rounded individuals
Selection Criteria: The award will be given to student just because of their exceptional performance, applicants must also show creativity and demonstrate viewpoints, have experience and have achievements. At BU, Trustee Scholars are initiated to a unique campus community that offers many intellectual, cultural, and social opportunities.
The BU Trustee Scholarship will cover undergraduate full tuition and mandatory undergraduate student fees. Recipients can renew the scholarship for four years if certain criteria are met.
Number of Awards: 20
To be Taken at (Country): USA
How to Apply
To be considered for a Trustee Scholarship:
- Applicants are to submit the Common or Coalition Application and all required documents for admission to one of the undergraduate degree programs at BU by December 1.
- Complete the Trustee Scholarship essay on the Common or Coalition Application as part of your application to BU.
The application is going to close on the 1st of December 2020. Any application submitted later will not be considered.
The Trustee Scholarship Essay
Applicants should choose from one of the two prompts below and submit one essay, in 600 words or less. This is part of the application through the Common or Coalition Application.
- School can often seem like work: a set of responsibilities, obligations, and tasks to be completed. But Trustee Scholars are creative and curious, rather than merely dutiful. Give us a glimpse of an intellectual pursuit or challenge that absorbs you, gives you joy, or provokes your curiosity, and tell us why.
- One of BU’s most distinguished alumni, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., wrote that “The time is always right to do what’s right.” Is there a time when you sought equity and fairness by challenging a social norm? Or, can you share an example of how you can imagine yourself helping to create a more inclusive and fair community?