Application is now open for all students that want to apply for the Black Mountain Bursary South Africa. This article will provide you with the application details.
The Black Mountain Mining is offering full bursaries to South African students residing near the mining areas. This bursary is going to cover all the student education expenses.
The Black Mountain Mining (BMM) is owned by Exxaro Resources and Vedanta-Zinc International (VZI). The company is located in the Northern Cape Province of South Africa. This mine has been in operation since 1980 but was acquired by Vedanta Resources from Anglo American in 2010.
BMM makes use of a processing plant and 2 underground shafts (Swartberg Shafts and Deeps Shafts). The Swartberg shaft produces lead, copper and silver (as a by-product), while the Deeps shaft produces lead, copper, zinc and silver (as a by-product)
BMM employment capacity is around 1500 staff members for their operations. The company is one of the biggest private-sector employers within the Northern Cape. 80% of their workers are originally from the Northern Cape.
Below are the details you need to apply for the BMM bursary.
BMM BURSARY – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The BMM is offering bursaries for students to complete their tertiary education. The bursaries will be awarded to students in the following mining-related fields of study:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Mine Survey
This bursary is going to cover all student study-related expenses. Recipients of this bursary will have to take employment at Black Mountain after graduation. The bursary contract indicates that recipient will offer one year of work for each year of funding received.
Applicants of this bursary must meet the following requirements to awarded this bursary:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Lives in areas surrounding the mine operation
- Must have completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the stated fields of study above
- Studying or intend on studying full time at a recognised University or the University of Technology in South Africa
- Proof of financial need
- The bursary will give preference to female students
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
You can apply for this bursary using one of the methods below:
1) Apply online at https://careerwise.co.za/applications/registrations/
Applicants should create an account and then log in to complete the application. Use the promo code F2018)
2) Apply by downloading and completing the CareerWise-Bursary-Application-Form-2 (.pdf)
You are to attach the following documents with your application form. Online applicants should scan a certified copy of the documents and upload it to submit it together with the application form. While applicants using the application form should attach copies of the documents and submit.
The documents are below:
- ID document
- Passport photograph
- current Matric students should submit Grade 11 final results
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric
- Proof of admission into a tertiary institution
- Full academic record to date, current tertiary students
Applicants applying through the application form are to submit their application to the bursary board through any of the following means:
1) Email: [email protected]
2) Fax: 086 609 7183
CareerWise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632
The submission for this bursary is open throughout the year. There is no closing date for the application.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For more information or inquiries contact CareerWise directly:
Tel: 086 100 8777 / 086 100 7787