Apply for the ongoing South Africa Nursery Association Bursary. The South Africa Nursery Bursary is open to all South Africans. Follow our guide on how to apply in this article.
In the year 1947, South Africa Nursery Association (SANA) was established as a non-profit organization. The organization aimed to represent the interests of the green/ nursery industry. SANA also represents the following associations: GCA (Garden Centre Association), ABSTA (Allied, Bulb & Seed Trade Association), and the BPGA (Bedding Plant Growers Association).
Some of the South Africa Nursery Association objectives are: creating a national communication channel with other Nursery businesses, keeping in contact with Government departments concerning issues related to the industry and environmental matters and portraying a professional image of the countries Horticultural industry.
FIELDS COVERED BY THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
The South African Nursery Association (SANA) bursary programme is available for students pursuing their studies in the Horticulture and Landscaping and Agriculture fields of study.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the bursary:
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Horticulture Students: must have passed and completed a minimum of 3 first year subjects
- Horticulture Students: must have achieved a minimum of 60% per subject
- Landscaping and Agriculture students: must have completed the 1st year of study AND have achieved a minimum result of 60% per subject
- PhD, Masters and BTech students are welcome to apply, but their applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download the application form from South African Nursery Association Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit a clear copy of the following documents with your application. Failure to do so will disqualify you automatically.
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic results record (on tertiary letterhead)
- October or November academic results
- Tertiary institution’s banking details
- Proof of tertiary registration (on tertiary letterhead)
- Completed SANA Student Membership Form (.pdf)
- Landscaping and Agriculture students must also attach a motivational letter (a minimum of 150 words)
Note: Applicants will undergo an interview process with a SANA representative in March 2020.
You are to submit your application to any of the following:
1) Email: [email protected]
(In your applications you must state “SANA Bursary Application and Your Full Name” in the email subject line.
2) Fax: 086 718 7268
The application is going to end on February 7, 2020. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any question or query, please contact SANA directly:
South African Nursery Association
Contact Person: Bransby Diplock (Bursary Administrator)
Tel: 087 945 4621
Fax: 086 718 7268
Email: [email protected]