The application for Amazon REcruitment Bursary for South Africans is now open for 2020/2021. Interested applicants can now apply for the program by following the steps below.
Amazon was founded in 1994 as an American multinational technology company that major in e-commerce, digital distribution, cloud computing, consumer electronics and artificial intelligence. Amazon is the second-largest company with large employee in the USA and one of the Top four technology in the world together with Facebook, Apple and Google.
Amazon Development Centre, South Africa established a bursary programme in 2018 to develop a talent pipeline for Amazon (AWS)( in South Africa. In 2018, the Amazon Development Centre (South Africa) established the bursary programme in order to develop a talent pipeline for Amazon (AWS) within the country.
ABOUT AMAZON BURSARY PROGRAMME FIELD
The company is going to award bursaries program in the following field:
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
AMAZON BURSARY RECRUITMENT BENEFITS
The bursary is going to cover the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books, stationery, accommodation in residence or equivalent private accommodation, meals, transport (a maximum of 4 bus trips home per year) and a personal computer.
The company is going to provide funds for students that maintain a good academic record throughout their studies. Such student can also be given a slot on the Amazon graduate development programme in Cape Town.
All bursary recipients will have to partake in vacation work during holidays and attend training opportunities at Amazon. When students have graduated, they must work for Amazon for the number of years they receive the bursary.
Applicants of this bursary must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the program:
- South African citizen
- Currently in Matric OR completed Matric
- Be a student of one of the mentioned field or intend to study one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Already studying or intend on studying at a recognised South Africa public university.
- Current Matric students must have achieved a minimum result of 75% for Mathematics and Physical Science
- Current 1st-year tertiary students: achieved and maintain a minimum overall average of 70%
- From a previously disadvantaged background
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applicants can apply online using this URL https://leap.ly/opportunities/310
AMAZON BURSARY REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
After you have registered an account using the URL above and made your application, you are going to submit the following documents to be considered for the program.
Submit certified copy of the following:
- ID document
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if you complete Matric
- Full tertiary academic record, if at tertiary level
- Motivational letter in support of your bursary application (why you should be selected to receive a bursary)
30 September 2019.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
Contact Person: Mr Mthusi Morebodi (Bursary Support Manager)
Tel: 011 403 1632 / 011 403 1130
Fax: 086 567 5604
Email: [email protected]