The Agar-Hamilton Trust bursary application is now open to South African students. All interested applicants can now proceed to apply for Agar-Hamilton Trust bursary.
The bursary was established after the death of the late John Augustus Ion Agar-Hamilton in 1984 as specified by his will. He passed away in as an Anglican Priest and South African historian.
The aim of the bursary is to award bursaries to South African students in need. This bursary has helped many students to pursue their studies at colleges, universities or any other institution within SA.
The Agar-Hamilton Trust offers bursaries every year to male students who are under 25 years of age. Also, English-speaking students with a predominantly British descent and members of the church belonging to the Anglican Communion can are eligible for the award. It is also awarded to students in school, college or university with good academic performance and having issues with fees payment
The duration for the award is 1 year, however, the beneficiary can renew the bursary annually with satisfactory academic performance. The bursary value will be decided by the Trustees, on a case by case basis.
Applicants must meet all the following criteria to be eligible for the Agar-Hamilton Trust bursary :
- Must be a South African citizen
- Not older than 25 years old as at 1 January 2021
- English-speaking students
- Have a predominantly British descent
- Recognised member and an active communicant of a church belonging to the Anglican Communion
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Studying OR intend on studying at a University, College or other educational institution
- Have a strong academic record
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARIES
To apply for this bursary download and complete the Agar-Hamilton-Trust-Bursary-Application-Form (.doc)
Together with the completely filled application form, attach a certified clear copy of all the following documents with your application form and submit it to the address below using any of the means provided. The required documents are:
- ID document
- Birth certificates, passport or any other thing to proof British descent
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric
- The latest academic report, for students currently at a tertiary institution
- Testimonials from referees (see clause 7 of the application form for more information)
Scan a clear copy of the above documents and attach it to your application form (if you are submitting to mail). You can submit the application form together with the supporting documents to:
1) Email: [email protected]
The Agar-Hamilton Trust
PO Box 86
Below is the closing date of the application, any application submitted after the closing date will not be considered for the bursary.
New applications: 31 August 2020.
Renewed applications: 31 December 2020.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any question or inquiries, you can contact the Agar-Hamilton Trust directly on:
Email: [email protected]Follow SchoolGist