The Tshwane University of Technology is a young institution established in January 2004 after the merging of Gauteng’s Technikons. The University has 7 faculties and various departments that range from mainstream areas of study like Engineering, Law and extend to more niche areas like Fashion and Sports Management. Apart from giving quality education to students on their chosen course of study, TUT also provide entrepreneurial skills for students.
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS TO STUDY AT TUT
An applicant that wants to apply to study at Tshwane University of Technology must meet the following general requirement:
- An applicant must have a pass mark in English at Senior Certificate level (minimum additional language; first or home language status may be required by some programme)
- Applicant must meet his/her course admission requirement.
- Students should note that the admission requirements for individual programmes might change from year to year.
- Students might have to write an admission test for some programmes, this will determine their eligibility for the admission.
TUT Requirements NSC – Gaps your profile
This is the results format for the new NSC-G rating marks and the minimum admission requirements to study at TUT:
- Outstanding achievement: 80 – 100
- Meritorious achievement: 70 – 79
- Degree substantial achievement: 60 – 69
- Diploma adequate achievement: 50 – 59
- Foundation moderate achievement: 40 – 49
- Elementary achievement: 30 – 39
- Not achieved: 0 – 29
Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy?
All learners applying to TUT must take one of the two subjects for NSC-G purposes
- In TUT mathematics is relevant to programmes that require prior knowledge of mathematics; other programmes may just require Mathematical Literacy. (You can check the details of what each subject entails at the DoE curriculum statements)